Friday, August 28, 2009

Martha & Rachael






















First, here is the recipe and photo from Everyday Food for Lemon Zucchini Cornmeal cookies. Couldn't find cornmeal in Ralph's Supermarket, so I used Jiffy Cornbread mix instead. These are yummy, and for the most part, look like their professional photo, excluding my free-form edges.


Had to buy a box grater since I only have a microplane. Almost shredded my fingers, as my new purchase is super sharp! And, since I was in Crate & Barrel, I bought a springform pan, a large whisk, and a mandoline. Thank God for gift cards!

I wanted to post the Everyday Food link for the recipe, and low and behold, found at least 20 other blogs talking about this recipe...and no link. So, this is going to be an educational process for me...


And, can I talk Rachael Ray for a second? When she was first on the Food Network, I watched. Her show was entartaining and you could see that she was making meals in thirty minutes. However, I cannot watch her now or listen to her ridiculous abbreviations for ingredients and just plain words! I tried to stay up last night to see her on David Letterman, knowing that the old Dave would have been his snarky best. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I fell asleep and missed the new Dave, which probably wasn't snarky. Oh, well.


Well, I will admit to buying her magazine occasionally, as I am a magazine whore. I made her Surf and Turf tacos (pix above) last night:


http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/dinner-recipes/Surf--n--Turf-Tacos









A couple of things...the spice mixture includes garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and paprika. I omitted the paprika, as it gives me a raging headache, and added more of the other three ingredients. You toss the steak in the spices, and this came out amazingly well! I also used shrimp instead of snapper, tossed in the spices, and these were delicious, too. The sour cream and lime juice mixture was fine, but the cabbage tossed in lime juice was overkill. I would toss red cabbage and red onion with a vinaigrette of red wine, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.





Okay, so maybe I'll slow down on bashing RR, as these tacos were very good.



Still trying to figure out blogging and photos an layout, oh my. Suggestions and patience are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment